6 nos - Boiled eggs
2 nos - Onions chopped finely
4 nos - Green chillies slit length-wise
1 tsp - Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
3/4 tsp - Coriander powder
1/4 tsp - Cumin powder
1 no - Tomato chopped (optional)
3 tbsp - Tamarind paste
1/2 tsp - Sugar
2 cups - Water
chopped coriander leaves for garnish
2 tbsp - Oil
1/4 tsp - Mustard seeds,
1/4 Tsp - Fenugreek seeds
3 flakes - Crushed garlic
5 nos - Curry leaves
Cooking Instructions :
- Make slits along the length of each egg and lightly fry them in 1 tbsp oil with a pinch of turmeric for approx 1-2 mts
- Heat oil in a vessel and mustard seeds and let them splutter.Now add methi seeds, curry leaves and fry for few seconds till methi turns brown.Add garlic and let it fry for 5 seconds.Dont brown the garlic…lightly fry it.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and fry till they turn light brown.
- Add chilly, turmeric, coriander and cumin powders, saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 5 mins. Add tamarind extract and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and sugar and reduce heat and let it simmer for 3 mins.Add the boiled and fried eggs and let it cook in the gravy for 10 minutes or till you get the required gravy consistency.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.Serve this hot steamed rice or rotis.